Monday, May 25, 2015

California, Mother's Day, and Other Ramblings

It's been over a month since I last updated my blog.  I've been having too much fun doing other things rather than updating this blog.

Our family vacation to Santa Monica/Venice Beach was a blast and I'm looking forward to going back in the warmer months sometime soon.  Carleigh loved going on the rides on the pier.  I loved the views.  Amelia loved crawling around in the sand.  It was just so pretty.  Since I'm a huge fan of Grand Theft Auto V, it looked exactly the same as the game.  I am highly impressed with the video game designers who put games like that together.  It was fun navigating around both beaches without a map.  We even went to check out the Venice Canals, which were just like the game as well.  Such a great time.  We walked from Santa Monica Pier to Venice Beach on Saturday.  The weather wasn't that great.  Honestly, it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the wind.  The winds were so strong, it was blowing sand everywhere.  It was in my face, hair, mouth, shoes, clothes, etc.  You know it, there was sand there.  The sun eventually came out a few hours before sunset, but it was just too chilly to get into the water or lay out on the beach enjoying the sun.  I was able to get some great pictures.  My Fitbit loved me that day too.  I walked over 25,000 steps.  My feet were sore, but it was so worth it.  I'd love to go back there for my birthday this year, but think we will have to wait until next August.  Two family vacations in one year would be fun, but we are still trying to pay off all of our debts.  Priority number one.

Mother's Day was a calm and relaxing day.  I didn't do much of anything, which is exactly what I wanted.  Heath made me some chocolate lush.  It's a delicious, light desert that only requires a little bit of baking time for the crust.  Everything else is chocolate pudding and Cool Whip.  It was so good, he made another batch this weekend for Memorial Day.

It's been fairly calm and quiet around our house otherwise.  I spent four hours at the DMV on Saturday getting the Lincoln switched over to my name.  Ordered personalized plates and everything.  Now I have to wait 60 days for my plates to arrive.  The new title was ordered as well.  I wonder which one will arrive first.  Once I get the plates, I'm going to get the windows tinted and the car will be complete.  Of course, I want to get it detailed on the side and get all the dirt, dust, smoke smell, etc out of the car.

Amelia started pulling herself up on the couch and throwing everything on the floor over the past week.  This afternoon, she was even daring enough to climb the stairs to get to Heath.  I'll be purchasing a baby gate this coming weekend.  She doesn't seem interested in going up the stairs unless someone is already up there.  That's a plus for now.  Either way, she will lose her stair privileges by Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment