Saturday, February 15, 2014

It's Almost Time

It's almost that time.  Baby A will be here before we know it.  When I was at my 34 week check up, I showed my doctor my contraction counter.  Since I've been getting a lot of contractions, I wanted to show him and ask him when I needed to go to labor and delivery.  He said if I get more than six Braxton Hicks contractions per hour, no matter how long they last or how apart they are, that I need to go in.  He told me at this point, he will not give me anything to stop labor since I'm almost full-term.  He told me he didn't want to scare me, but I could go at anytime now.  I'm not ready for that.  I'm ready merchandise-wise, but not ready to have the baby yet.  I'd like her to come in March.  She's due March 25, so the earliest I would like her to come is March 11.  That would put me at 38 weeks.  Fingers crossed she will stay until 39/40 weeks though.

Last week, I had to take my cat, Baby, to the vet.  Last Friday night, she started to have a problem with her mouth.  I thought it was her jaw.  She started to drool a lot and could not close her mouth.  On Saturday morning, it was still happening so I called the vet.  They were able to squeeze us in that afternoon to get her checked out.  Turns out, she had an abscessed tooth and two other teeth that were really loose.  They did surgery on her and cleaned her teeth.  It set us back almost $500, but hey... that's my kitty we're talking about.  She was totally worth it.  When we brought her home, she was still coming out of her pain killer coma thingy.  She couldn't walk at all.  It was so horrible, yet funny at the same time.  I felt so bad for her, but she's better now.  We were sent home with some medication, of course.  She's a tough cat.  I'm glad we caught this issue in time before it lead to something worse.  Baby is 13 years old and I've had her since she was a kitten.  She really is my baby... in fur form.

This weekend, we paid off our water softener.  That's extra money in our pocket every month.  As soon as Wells Fargo let's us start paying on the GTO again, that will be paid off soon too.  Heath made such a huge payment on his car that the bank sent him a letter telling him not to pay it until May.  I understand they didn't want us to keep paying and paying no interest.  Heath told me he wants to pay $1,500 in May just to piss them off again.  I think these banks should just STFU and take our money.  At least we're paying our bills.  I cannot wait until the car is paid off though.  We will have two cars paid off.  It's been such a long time since we've been free of car loans.

The weather's been getting a lot nicer here, especially this weekend.  It's going to be in the high 70s, low 80s all weekend and into next week.  We have our windows open in the house and enjoying the fresh air.  I got my car washed today after letting it stay dirty for a couple of months.  Since I've been since last month and again last week, I wanted all of the germs wiped out of my car too.  I'm still trying to get over my cold from last weekend.  My nose is kind of stuffy still, but I can smell some things again which is nice.

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day.  Heath grilled us some steaks.  We do not go out to dinner on Valentine's Day.  It's so crazy out there.  We bought Carleigh some Crunch bars and Spongebob gummies in the shape of Krabby Patties.  Heath got me a ton of my favorite chocolates.  And I got Heath his favorite chocolates.  It was a fun Valentine's Day.  We all had fun, especially Carleigh since she got to exchange Valentine's with her school friend's.

No comments:

Post a Comment