Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Trip to Triage

This morning I had to leave work after being there only an hour.  I started to get frequent contractions.  They were a few minutes apart and lasting anywhere from 30-60 seconds.  Once I got to the hospital, they sent me into triage and told me to pee in a cup and put on my gown.  They hooked me up to track my contractions and blood pressure.  Heath showed up maybe five minutes after I got there.  The contractions kept coming.  The nurse and doctor told me it was probably a UTI.  Getting a UTI is very common in pregnancy.  The doctor (who delivered Carleigh) checked for dilation and found that I was only one centimeter dilated.  So I'm starting to open up down there, but nothing to be alarmed about.  I could stay that way for the next couple of weeks.  Once the doctor confirmed that I had a UTI, they gave me a lot more water to drink and some cranberry juice.  I was also given a shot to stop the contractions.  That thing hurt so bad.  It felt like the needle was still in my arm after the nurse took it out.  The shot did work and the contractions stopped.  I was released around 11:20am.  They sent me off with a prescription for the UTI.  It was so exhausting being in there.  It's quiet in triage and nothing to do in there.  Thank goodness for smartphones.

Heath & I went out to lunch after I was discharged.  We got some fattening Carl's Jr.  It was delicious and I am not regretting it at all.  After my prescription was filled, I headed home to relax for the rest of the day.  I sent a text to my manager and let her know I'd like to stay home to rest all day tomorrow.  Since I got approved for that, that's exactly what I am going to do.  While home tomorrow, I'm going to work on the baby's room a little bit more and try to get things ready.  Today was a sign that the real thing is right around the corner.  At least to me.  The nurse said she wanted to see me again in four weeks, which would put me at 39 weeks.  I'd really love it if baby A would stay in that long too.

No comments:

Post a Comment