Sunday, December 8, 2013

Freezing in Las Vegas

It's been so cold in Las Vegas the past few days.  We had a winter weather advisory yesterday with the possibility of up to two inches of snow, but that never happened.  My car decided to stop working all together in this chilly weather.  It's currently sitting at the dealership to be looked at tomorrow morning.  Last week, my car picked a couple of days to not start right away.  It would take a few tries, but then everything would be in good working order.  On Friday afternoon, when I was trying to leave work, my car refused to start.  Heath had to come over to my work and try to get it to start, but it didn't even work for him.  We left it there and went back Saturday to try to get it going, but it still wouldn't budge.  We ended up calling a tow truck to take it over to the dealership.  We are thinking it's either the fuel pumps or the crank sensor.  We won't know until sometime tomorrow afternoon.  I really hope it's the crank sensor since it's the cheaper item to fix.  We are down to one car for now, so I'll drop Heath off at work and take his car to my office and then switch drivers when I pick him up in the afternoon.  We are both off Tuesday since I have an appointment in the morning and we plan to get some Christmas shopping done while Carleigh is in school.  I really hope to have my car back by Wednesday afternoon.  Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in previous posts, but we are having another baby GIRL!  My glucose test is at 8am on Tuesday morning.  It's the test where I have to drink that really nasty orange drink in 10 minutes, then wait an hour for the blood test.  Heath is coming with me so I don't have to be so bored while waiting.  Smart phones are great, but they do get boring after about 10 minutes.  I can only play so many rounds of Candy Crush and Words with Friends before I want to fall asleep.

Not a whole lot has been happening in our household.  Heath & I have been playing too much Grand Theft Auto Online.  I've met a lot of great new friends and enjoy laughing at all of our shenanigans in the evenings and on the weekends.  Carleigh's had an off and on cold that keeps springing up whenever it wants.  It's a little annoying for all of us.  At least it's nothing serious.  I started my Christmas shopping a little late this year, but everything will arrive well before the 25th.  See... boring stuff.  I need to find something more interesting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment