Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mood Swings

Mood swings are the absolute worse thing about being pregnant.  At least they are to me at this current moment.  I'm not really sure what triggered the mood swings, but I have them and I want to scream.  We went shopping at Target and got groceries after that.  I was feeling moody at the grocery store and all day after that.  It's just awful.

On Thursday, I left work for a couple of hours to see my doctor because I was having some cramp-like pains on my right side.  I found out it was just a round ligament and it's totally normal to have.  I don't remember having something like that when I was pregnant with Carleigh.  It also caused some really awful backaches too.  This pregnancy is definitely harder than my first.  The doctor also told me I wasn't gaining enough weight.  I'm 18 weeks and only up five pounds so far.  Honestly, who cares?  Every woman is different in her pregnancy.  I can't force myself to eat more during the day to gain weight.  If I overeat, it will make me nauseous and uncomfortable.  The holidays are coming up and I'm sure I'll gain enough weight during then.  With Carleigh's pregnancy, I gained too much weight.  So I think my body is just taking it easy this time around.  My 20 week scan is scheduled for November 6.  Then my 3D ultrasound is November 9.  It should be fun since Carleigh gets to go to the 3D appointment.

In other news, we paid off my Jaguar last week.  I am so excited to no longer have a car payment.  Heath's car isn't too far behind.  We are getting closer and closer to becoming a one income family.  If anything, I'll just have to work part-time to help pad things until we can fully reach that goal.  We are trying to avoid having me go back to work full-time after the baby is born because paying for daycare for two is very expensive.  Carleigh starts kindergarten next fall, but I'd still rather be home to drop her off and pick her up every day.  Otherwise we would have to pay the daycare for morning and after school care.  It's just an expense we don't need and would like to try to avoid at all costs.  It's doable.

Carleigh is excited for Halloween.  She's going to be Minnie Mouse this year.  We are taking her to the pumpkin patch tomorrow.  We are painting instead of carving this year.  It will be less of a mess for me to clean up.  That's always a win.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment