Sunday, September 22, 2013

Family Vacation

We just got back from our Disneyland vacation this afternoon.  It was a very long weekend spent with the in-law's.  For our drive out to California, my mother-in-law read every single billboard from Las Vegas to Anaheim.  My father-in-law would pay attention to everything except the road.  It was even more stressful once we got into the Anaheim area with the crazy California drivers.  We checked into our hotel around 3pm and then headed out towards Newport Beach about an hour later.  Carleigh had such a great time checking out the ocean and playing with her sand castle toys.  We even found a few seashells and brought them home with us.  We were at the beach until sunset (which was GORGEOUS!!) and then headed back to the hotel for the night.

We did Disneyland on Friday without fast passes.  I felt that they weren't needed.  The lines weren't that long.  I've seen worse lines at Six Flags.  I loved the Halloween decorations around the park.  This is my favorite time of year, so seeing Disneyland for the first time in my life during this time of year was so great.  Carleigh loved the Astro Orbiter ride and did that ride twice.  In Toon Town, Carleigh had such a great time on the Roger Rabbit ride.  She doesn't even know who Roger Rabbit is!  She also did that ride twice.  She did all of the rides in Toon Town including the roller coaster.  Carleigh even met Mickey Mouse and Goofy while hanging out in Toon Town.  Minnie Mouse was around, but by time we were getting ready to go in her line, she was on break.  We did check out Minnie's house though.  I think Carleigh got a bigger kick out of that then actually seeing Minnie in person.

On Saturday, we went over to California Adventure Park.  That park was our favorite because of Cars Land.  Carleigh got to meet Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, and Red the Firetruck.  It was so cool.  We headed back to Cars Land when the sunset set to see it all lit up.  It was amazing!  That was my favorite part of the whole park.  Carleigh enjoyed the Bug's Life area too.  The lines were really short and we did a few of those rides twice at Bug's Life.  Carleigh loved the big Ferris wheel.  She wanted to ride in one of the cars that rocked back and forth as the wheel spun around.  It was crazy to go that fast while being so high up in the air, but she was laughing the whole time.  She saw the big roller coaster behind the Ferris wheel but I told her she was way too small for that one.  She is so brave.  I can't handle any large roller coasters anymore.  The kid ones are as far as I will go.

It was a great weekend, but I am glad it's over.  I can't wait until we can go back to Disneyland without any other family.  At times, my in-law's seemed annoyed because I had to take random breaks because I'm pregnant and all of that walking was getting to me much more than others.  My favorite walking shoes no longer felt comfortable after our trip, so I think it's time to get a new pair.  I've had them for a couple of years though.  It's so nice to be back home now.

It's back to work for me tomorrow.  Heath only has to work Tuesday & Wednesday this week.  His parent's leave on Friday, I think.  It will be nice to have my house back to normal after these two weeks.  I'm used to quiet, chill, and relaxing at home.  Not running all over the place.  At least I have an excuse not to be out late... work and being pregnant!  Haha.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment