Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Spring

It's so nice to have spring weather again.  The only downside is the huge amounts of pollen in the air.  When I went upstairs to wash my face last night, there was a green mucus that came out of my left eye.  It was gross.  I went downstairs and searched the internet to see what it could have been.  Nothing really stuck out to me.  I did see on one website that I could experience my eye getting stuck shut from the mucus.  That did happen to me a few times last night.  I woke up and my left eye felt glued shut.  When I rubbed my eyes a bit, I could feel dried mucus or what felt like those "eye boogers".  It really sucked.  When I searched online this morning, a bunch of stuff about pink eye came up, but my eyes aren't pink/red.  I'm thinking the eye irritation was caused by all of the pollen in the air.  It was a little windy yesterday afternoon and we were outside pretty much all day.  My eye seems a lot better this afternoon.  I get the occasional blurriness.  If I have the same problem tonight, with the mucus, I'll go see my optometrist.  I need an eye exam anyway.

Last weekend, a co-worker of mine gave us her piano for free.  She is moving to Montana as soon as her husband gets a job up there.  It was so nice of her to give it to us.  She didn't want to leave it in storage.  It needs a little TLC and a slight tune.  The tune might not be necessary as it sounds all right to me.  Carleigh is so excited to have it in the house.  I'd love to get her piano lessons so she can play us some tunes when she's older.  It's a Melville Clark piano.  It's a nice piece to have in our living room.  I'm also fortunate we didn't have to pay a penny for it.

Carleigh starts her new preschool on the 22nd.  It would have been sooner, but I couldn't find her original birth certificate.  I know it's in the house, but it's in a super secret hiding spot and I cannot remember where that place is at the moment.  I sent Heath to go pick up a copy of the birth certificate on his day off.  Then Carleigh had to get a wellness check up done and a record of all of her immunizations.  Heath dropped off all of the paperwork on Friday and now we are all set.  Carleigh is really excited.  I know the next two weeks at her current preschool is going go by so slow for her.

Speaking of the wellness check up, Carleigh is very healthy.  She is 38 1/4 inches tall and weighs 30.6 pounds.  She is so small.  The nurse drew some blood from Carleigh's fingertip to make sure she had no lead in her blood.  Carleigh came out clear and she didn't cry at all about the finger prick.  I'm so glad I have a brave and healthy little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment