Saturday, March 17, 2012

Working Overtime

It's been a few weeks since I updated my blog. We had family in town last week, so that kept me busy. Now that I've been released from training, I have unlimited overtime available at work. That amazing opportunity has me working 12 hour days. It's mandatory eight hours of overtime, but we are able to work as much as we want. All of this extra money is great. Who is going to complain about more money?

For this month, I wrote out a monthly budget and to show exactly where all of my money was going bill wise. I scheduled payments for bills out of each weeks pay. With that, I was able to pay off two credit cards. When I originally wrote out my budget, I did not include overtime pay because it was not available at the time. Now I'll have a lot more money to put into savings at the end of the month. And that is all from my pay only. Heath's pay for the month will give us a nice pile of cash to throw into savings as well.

We are saving for a house. We are using our tax return to go towards a down payment, but that alone was not enough money. With the tax return, this month's savings and all of my extra overtime, we should have enough money for a down payment in 4-6 weeks! We have decided to stay in Las Vegas/Henderson permanently. We wanted to move back to Illinois to be closer to family, but that state is a tax hell hole. No thank you.

On another topic, I am a member of Influenster and recently received a Love VoxBox a week ago. It was full of all kinds of goodies. I will have a couple of review posts coming either later this afternoon or tomorrow. I look forward to sharing what was included in this box. I encourage you to join Influenster too. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment