Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The cold from Hell

On Friday evening, I started feeling ill. It really didn't catch me by surprise since Heath & Carleigh were both sick. Now I have it and I missed almost the full day of work today. I made it a whole hour and forty five minutes into my shift before I decided to leave. It sucks. I hate missing work. I've been so out of it all day. My nose feels clogged, the cough makes my chest hurt and I have random headaches. My voice is barely there. The only medicine I have is DayQuil/NyQuil which has been working wonders.

I'm going to see a dermatologist tomorrow morning. My skin always has redness no matter what kind of cleanser I use, so I'm going to see what it is. I'm also annoyed with the mild acne I still get. I'm hoping the dermatologist has a great cleanser that will actually work. I don't care what price I have to pay.

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day! Heath & Carleigh gave me some delicious Ghirardelli caramel chocolates. On my way home from work, I stopped into Walmart for tissues and a chocolate cake to share with Heath & Carleigh. It was a simple Valentine's Day for us. I'd rather not celebrate with a cold though. If I was feeling better, I would have made a homemade dessert rather than buying one.

No comments:

Post a Comment