Saturday, June 1, 2013

Vacation and Lasik

It's so hard to believe today is the beginning of June.  Carleigh's birthday is just a few weeks away.  It's been awhile since I've updated, so this post might be a little long.  I need to get caught up.

We went down to Phoenix over Memorial Day weekend.  It was our first family vacation.  After we got checked into our hotel on Friday, we went to Rawhide.  It's an old western town on the Gila River Indian community.  Carleigh got to go to the petting zoo and check out all of the neat old western themed shops.  She had more fun in the jail.  Should I be worried?  We also ate dinner at the steakhouse and listened to some good country music.  I love their food there and wish I could eat there more often.  We aren't rich and I don't want to be fat, so that won't be happening.

On Saturday, we went to the Phoenix Zoo, which was the main reason for our vacation.  Carleigh really wanted to see the tigers and lions.  Since those two are big cats, you can imagine what they were doing that day.  Sleeping!  Carleigh still got to see them though, so no complaints.  We also saw zebras running in the field and playing.  We got to see one of the elephants up close.  Since it was a little warm out, the elephant was hanging out near the misters and fans.  I wanted to do the same thing!  There was just so much fun and excitement.  We were at the zoo for five hours.  Great times!  I would love to go down to Phoenix again for the Zoo Lights event in the winter.

Sunday was our relax and do whatever the heck we wanted day.  Heath wanted to check out a brewery in Chandler, so that's exactly what we did.  We had some good food at SanTan Brewing Company.  I'm not a beer drinker, so I cannot comment on the goodness of the beer, but Heath seemed to enjoy it.  After lunch, we went back to the hotel to go swimming.  We went down to Mill Avenue in Tempe in the evening.  It was nice getting a walk in with the family.  On Monday morning, we drove back to Las Vegas.

Moving onto the second topic, I went for my free consultation to see if I was a good candidate for Lasik and it turns out I am.  On June 13, I will be going in for my surgery.  Originally, I planned on doing this surgery in July, but was able to find a good time to get in before family started flying into town for Carleigh's birthday.  It will be so nice not to have two pairs of glasses anymore.  Right now, I have my glasses and then prescription sunglasses.  I hate lugging around two pairs of glasses everyday.  This coming weekend, Heath is taking me shopping for some sunglasses that I can wear after the surgery.  I'll be taking the Friday off after the surgery to get used to my "new eyes".  Technically, I can go back to work the next day, but why bother?

I hope to get another post or two squeezed in before my surgery.  It's going to be hectic in our house the end of June for Carleigh's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment