Sunday, October 14, 2012

Visitors (Family)

My in-laws are in town until Thursday.  They got in late Friday night, around midnight.  It's been a hectic weekend here.  Every time they come out, we do a lot of shopping.  We didn't do too much shopping this time around.  At least not yet anyway.  We went to Target for a Halloween costume for Carleigh and a couple of decorations for the house.  We had lunch at Cabo Wabo inside the Planet Hollywood and also checked out the conservatory at Bellagio.  This morning, we went up to Mount Charleston to enjoy some gorgeous views and good food at the lodge.  My in-laws have never been to Mount Charleston and it's something you want to skip when you're visiting.

Heath is on PTO all week while his parent's are in town.  I didn't have enough PTO yet, so I will be back to work tomorrow morning.  No big deal to me.  Everyone wants to run here, run there and it gets exhausting after awhile.  We are a chill family and have no problem hanging out at home.  So it is a huge change for us to go to a bunch of different places in one day.  My in-laws also rented an annoying minivan and crawling in and out of that thing is a pain in the ass.  In order for me to grab the seat belt, I have to be some kind of contortionist just to get buckled in.  I can't wait to drive my Jaguar and ride in something comfortable tomorrow.

Our TV currently has a football game on.  Packers vs Houston, I think.  We are not a football family, but my father-in-law loves his football.  I'll share my TV this week.  I usually have reruns of Bridezillas on while waiting for the new episode at night.  Football is much calmer than a bunch of screaming, crazy ass bitches.  Just not as entertaining.

Carleigh went out and bought a bike this afternoon.  She has a pink & purple Barbie bike with purple tassels and basket, a bell and of course training wheels.  We also got her a purple helmet.  We are going to take her out after dinner to ride her new bike.  She was riding it around Walmart, but was getting in the way of all the people who were trying to shop.

The rest of this week is pretty much go-with-the-flow.  Not sure what we will end up doing.  I'm working 6am-2:30pm to make sure I have more time to spend with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment